We’re going to follow up the FlipMyFunnel Virtual Summit by focusing on every stage of ABM implementation. After taking on all of the information from the sessions you might be overwhelmed on where to start, so we start off with Creating the Foundation to ABM success. Follow this and all the other guides to becoming an ABM Hero!
Starting off with a solid foundation is crucial to long term ABM success at scale. Avoid common mistakes with this recap from a recent Allocadia webinar teaches us the three key areas of an ABM foundation.
- With this shift to highly targeted marketing, the strategic aspect of marketing becomes more important.
- To understand if your ABM strategy is effective, you need insights about which strategies are resonating and which investments are paying off for your target accounts.
Everyone wants to talk about ROI. Often we see too much attention on the “R” (return). If you don’t control and understand your investments (the “I”), you’ll never get to ROI. – James Thomas, CMO at Allocadia
Marketing technology has everyone focusing on the many moving pieces needed to be successful with ABM, often overlooking one of the most important. Dayna Rothman does a great job at showing us how to overcome the challenges of creating account-based content at scale.
- Leveraging live, interactive content is a great way to create highly-targeted ABM content with minimal work.
- Website personalization is extremely useful for employing an ABM strategy.
In this Mintigo blog post, we learn how to accelerate the effectiveness of your marketing. With these tips on when to use ABM, you’ll start to see a change whether you’re new to ABM or have been doing it for years.
- Basically, ABM is a method for creating a marketing conversation that demonstrates your deep knowledge of your prospect’s business and technology concerns.
- ABM is a way to increase your customer’s awareness of the total value you offer that heightens their interest in you.
If your organization has selected a list of accounts to go after, ABM can serve as a powerful bridge to address buyer needs while leveraging relevant insights and data points. – Lauren Goldstein, VP Strategy & Partnerships at Babcock & Jenkins
While many people consider ABM to be a new buzzword, some consider it the marketing strategy of the future. Historically providing evidence that your marketing strategy is effective has been hard due to the misalignment of sales and marketing teams. Dave Sutton gets right to the point on how communication is the key to plugging up your leaky funnel.
- The emergence of ABM technology has facilitated alignment of sales and marketing efforts across the entire organization.
- ABM engages key stakeholders in net new accounts, accounts already in the funnel, and existing customers.
Due to the amount of moving pieces in account-based marketing strategy, there are many tactics that you can use to enhance your marketing efficiency. In this Business2Community post learn ABM tactics covering content, social, paid media, email, event, and direct marketing
- After you’ve mentioned a target account in a blog article or other form of shareable content, be sure to tag or mention them on social media in order to draw their attention, as well as the attention of their extended network.
- Make your prospects feel special by personalizing your sales outreach. Marketing can provide custom fields for Sales to edit before they send off downloadable offers to influencers at your target accounts.
There’s an array of ABM martech platforms that use advanced targeting methods to locate your target companies on the web. Submit your list of target accounts, and these platforms will find them and help you convert them. – Lauren Frye, Content Developer at Bizible
Want to learn more about account-based marketing from the best thought leaders and practitioners in the industry? Join us on April 1, 2016 for the #FlipMyFunnel Virtual Summit. This full day event will feature all sessions from our #FlipMyFunnel San Francisco event. Watch any session at any time throughout the day. We promise this isn’t an April Fools Joke. 🙂